BRITISH SAKE ASSOCIATION (the “Association”)
GDPR – FAIR PROCESSING NOTICE
This Fair Processing Notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you.
The Association is a data controller in respect of the personal data we collect about you for purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”) and any other data protection legislation which supplements the GDPR in the United Kingdom in the future.
We collect personal data provided by email, telephone or any other means of communication when you:
- Apply to be a member of the Association (“Member”)
- Accept an invitation to become an Associate Member (“Associate”)
- Agree to host an event or offer to provide sake at an event organised by the Association (“Supplier”)
- Otherwise indicate your willingness to be included on the Association’s mailing list (“Other Parties”)
We use this personal data to carry out the following Services:
- Invite Members and non-Members to events organised by the Association and to notify matters of common interest relating to sake
- Organise sake-related events
We may collect and process the following types of personal data which you provide in connection with the Services:
- Your name
- Your contact details such as your residential address, email address and telephone number
- Your year of membership
- Your bank account details
We may also collect information such as your IP address when you visit our website and URLs of the webpages you have viewed.
Personal data is stored on a secure, standalone PC.
Members, non-Members, Associates, Suppliers and Other Parties may notify the membership secretary by email (email@example.com) if they no longer wish their personal data to be held by the Association whereupon their personal data will be removed subject to any legal requirement to retain that data for a period of time.