Yokoso – welcome! The BSA is a not-for-profit organisation (est. in 2006) that provides opportunities for people to taste a wide range of sake, and to meet brewers (Toji/杜氏) and others in the sake world by:
- promoting understanding and enjoyment of sake.
- promoting correct storage, serving and drinking of sake.
- widening the scope of sake-drinking by pairing it with non-Japanese food.
- strengthening and preserving the tradition of sake-making in Japan.
- acting as a conduit between Britain and Japan.
- supporting sake education leading to professional qualifications.