WSET Level 3 Sake course with VSF Wine Education and Kanpai Sake Brewery.
Get a sake qualification recognised by the UK Government while visiting a sake brewery in action, right in London!
For individuals seeking to develop their expertise in sake, this qualification will provide you with a detailed understanding of the production methods that affect the style, quality and price of sake. Upon completion you will be able to assess sakes accurately, and use this information and your understanding of sakes to make authoritative recommendations.
This course is for professionals working with sake or sake enthusiasts. After successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
Please sign up as soon as possible as you are required to complete a two-week online pre-study programme.
Why study with VSF?
- 37 premium sakes will be tasted as part of the course
- We’ll spend Day 2 of the course at Kanpai Sake Brewery & Taproom (the UK’s first sake brewery) in South London to see a sake brewery in action!
- The course is taught by BSA Board Director Marie Cheong-Thong (VSF’s WSET Certified Educator for Sake). Track record for Level 3 Sake: 86% of students passed with “merit” or “distinction” in 2018!
- The course fee includes WSET’s official study materials, classroom tuition, examination, postage and a two-week online pre-study programme.
- Unlimited study support and exercise corrections via email/WhatsApp outside of the classroom.
- You’ll enjoy an exclusive discount on the sakes presented in class
- 1 x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for VSF’s wine/spirits/sake tasting events
- Students passing the exam with “merit”/“distinction” will receive a £15/£25 voucher, respectively, for purchasing saké and/or books at VSF Shop (www.vsf.wine/vsf-shop)
- Post-exam celebration with the Educator at a saké bar / restaurant and practise your saké tasting skills! (optional)
Where? Central London (Zone1/2)
When? Next dates to be announced (TBC)
Optional: post-exam drinks & dinner at a saké bar / restaurant with our Educator.
Registration closes ca. 15 days prior to the first day of the course as candidates are required to complete a two-week online pre-study programme.
IMPORTANT: We recommend you to spend 28 hours of study time outside of the classroom.
How much? £681.67+VAT (£656.67+VAT per person for 2 or more persons booking together)
Special Package: “From Zero to Hero” (WSET Levels 1 + 3 Award in Sake) – Please refer to our flyer for “WSET Level 1 Award in Sake” for further details.
BSA Members enjoy a special 10% discount on WSET Level 1 Award in Sake, WSET Level 3 Award in Sake and the “From Zero to Hero” package. Please claim your promo code by sending an email to BSA’s Treasurer & Membership Secretary Brian Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) and book on our website (www.vsf.wine/sake-courses) directly.
Sign up now, pay later? You may be eligible for PayPal Credit’s instalment plans. This service is only available in select countries (including the UK). Please visit your local PayPal website for specific details and application. Once approved, please choose PayPal as your payment method at check-out.